Sunday, April 11, 2010

Extra Credit!

I really didn't want to take this class. I mean, I've always done fine in English but I've never enjoyed it that much. But last year, my fabulous block teacher (Samantha Chandler) encouraged me to take it. I was pretty nervous going into Honors English this year and didn't know what to expect. And truthfully, I probably would have wimped out of it if I knew what was coming. There's been a lot of things that have challenged me this year. One example is memorizing poems. I never thought I could memorize a poem as long as Dover Beach but somehow I did it and still have it memorized! It definitely was a confidence builder to be able to recite it in front of the entire class. My favorite thing we've done this year was writing those short stories in January. It was really fun and not too hard. My least favorite part about English is DGP. Probably because I'm just bad at it and Jacob is a very harsh grader.

1 comment:

  1. I really like DGP unlike you! I find it really easy and Xander is a very easy-going grader! I found the poem reading to be a little bit anoying, not really encouraging. I guess diferent people have different opinions!

    ReplyDelete